B.Tech Marine Engineering Entrance Exam (2022)
Qualification: The candidate must qualify any one of the following education criteria to qualify:
- Pass in 12th Standard or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separate subjects with a PCM average of not less than 60%
- The candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks in English language in 10th or 12th standard exam.
- Qualified in Online Common Entrance Test. The Candidate should appear for IMU Common Entrance Test and must pass the test. The application form for IMU CET is available on www.imu.edu.in.
Medical Requirement: Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under STCW 2010 norms and medical rule 2000 and all its amendment as applicable to seafarers.
Eyesight: Eyesight 6/6 with or without external aids, maximum power permitted up to ±2.5 & no Colour Blindness. (Eye Glass Permitted)
Minimum Height: 157 Cms.
Minimum Weight: 48 kgs.
Age: Not more than 25 years on the date of commencement of course.
- Candidates who have completed or are undergoing the pre-sea training should not apply
- Before commencement of Course Candidate Should Hold the Valid Indian Passport.
Important Instructions For B.Tech Marine Engineering Selection – 2022
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo a one-year Pre-sea training course (B.Tech Marine Engineering) and basic modular courses at our associate college Approved by DG Shipping, Mumbai Govt. of India.
- Any candidate found using unfair means or having made false representations, will be disqualified immediately.
- The eyesight and medical standards in this career are quite strict.
- If selected for the B.Tech Marine Engineering Course, after the interview the candidate will have to undergo a medical test and psychometric test, the cost of which (approximate Rs.6500/-) will have to be paid by the candidate.
- Online test for eligible candidates will be held at a candidate location (Dates of online test and login credentials will be communicated to shortlisted candidates through email). Fees for online test will be approximately Rs.1500/-
- Based on the performance in the online test, if you are shortlisted for interview:
- a) All expenses incurred by way of traveling, boarding, lodging, etc during the selection procedure will have to be borne by the candidate.
- b) Please bring original mark-sheets of the 10th and the 12th Class (10+2) Board Exams & Degree / Diploma Certificate. Appearing candidate are eligible to apply for the sponsorship test
- The selection criteria and selection process are at the sole discretion of Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
|Step 1||Apply online at www.vmsshipping.in|
|Step 2||You will receive a link over e- mail for an online examination that can be taken at any location. You will need to have a proper internet connection. The login details as well as other instructions shall be provided in the e-mail. Please make sure you provide us the correct credentials (e-mail and phone number). Link shall be sent to you by our Selection Team|
|Step 3||If you clear the test as per the marks mentioned in the online examination section, you shall receive an e-mail invite to appear for personal Interview at Navi Mumbai. The details of the venue will be sent on the e-mail. The interview venue is decided in advance and is at the sole discretion of VMS. Candidate shall not be given a preference to choose a date.|
|Step 4||Those candidates who are selected in the personal interview shall undergo a medical test with the company pannel doctor.|
|Step 5||A selected candidate shall be informed through email, taking into account past academic scores, online examination scores, interview scores as well as medical examination results.|
|Step 6||The candidates who are selected will be asked to pay a seat booking amount to reserve their seat. At our associate dg approved institute, They will also be asked to submit or else send necessary documents.|
|Step 7||After receiving the seat booking amount, the candidates will be issued with a sponsorship letter by VMS Shipping and admission letter by our Associate DG Shipping approved College on the basis of which they can avail education loans.|
About the Online Entrance Test
VARREN MARINES SHIPPING PVT. LTD. online entrance exam will be a 2 hours online exam, syllabus for which is listed in the table below. The cut off marks shall be communicated to you through email at a time of online test along with the online test login credentials. All Questions are MCQ Based.
|1||English||Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Construction.|
|2||Logical Reasoning||Deductive Reasoning, Inductive Reasoning, Abductive Reasoning.|
|3||Personality (AMPI)||Extraversion, Conscientiousness, Emotional Stability, Openness to Experience and Agreeableness.|
|4||Quantitative Ability||Basic Arithmetic, Ratio and Proportion, Simple Interest, Time and Speed, Work and Time, Profit and Loss, etc.|
|5||Fundamentals of Physics||classical mechanics, Newton’s law of motion, electromagnetism, EM waves, thermodynamics and modern physics.|
|6||Fundamentals of Chemistry||physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry and organic chemistry.|
|7||General Awareness||Current Affairs, History, Economics and Geography.|
Career Progression Chart
Note: Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. has not authorized any agency/individual to offer a sea-time opportunity at Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. Anyone dealing with such an agency/ individual will be doing so at their own risk and Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. will not be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered directly or indirectly.