VMS IMU Deck Cadet (TNOC) Entrance Exam (2023)
Qualification: Successful completion of 12th Std (10+2) exams with more than 60% aggregate in PCM, more than 50% in English and overall of more than 60%, Qualified/appearing in the Indian maritime university (IMU CET) test conducted twice in a year.
Kindly Note - 10+2 Appearing Candidate Can Apply for the Sponsorship Only for the August IMU DNS Batch.
Medical Requirement: Medically fit as per standards laid down by D.G. Shipping, Govt. of India, IMU & any additional medical requirement by our company.
- Before commencement of course, the selected candidate must hold a valid Indian passport.
- Varren Don't Accept Application of Female Candidate** Kindly don't apply
Important Instructions For DNS Selection – 2023
- It is mandatory for all candidates to appear and qualify in the CET (1 Year DNS (programme) conducted by the Indian Maritime University (IMU) test conducted twice in a year. Please register and appear for the IMU CET.
- Selected Candidate Shall Go for the Pre-sea Training Only at Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI) or Training Ship Rahaman (TSR) or else International Maritime Institute (IMI), Greater noida the selection of the institute shall be of sole decision of the company on the basis of Performance of the candidate during the Selection Process.
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo a One Year Pre-sea training course (DNS) and basic modular courses Fees would be approx. Rs. 7,70,000.
- Candidate should have appeared for 12th class (10+2) Board Exams and passed the exam in 1st attempt. Candidates awaiting results can apply for the Sponsorship Examination too.
- Prior to starting their Shipboard Training the cadet will have to enroll in the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) approved Structured Shipboard Training Programme (SSTP), the fee for which is to be borne by the cadet and is included in the above fee.
- During the apprenticeship, there will be further training expenses.
- Any candidate found using unfair means or having made false representations, will be disqualified immediately.
- The eyesight and medical standards in this career are quite strict.
- If selected for the DNS program, after the interview the candidate will have to undergo psychometric test, the cost of which (approximate Rs.6500, Six thousand Five Hundred) will have to be paid by the candidate.
- Online tests for eligible candidates, Will take place at their own location (Dates of Online test and login Credentials will be communicated to shortlisted candidates through Email). Fees for online test will be approximately Rs.1500/- (Fifteen Hundred)
- Based on the performance in Online test, if you are shortlisted for interview:
a) Please bring original mark-sheets of the 10th and the 12th Class (10+2) Board Exams.
b) Candidates will be required to bring the IMU CET to admit card and other relevant certificates and testimonials (original or attested copies) at the time of the interview.
c) All expenses incurred by way of traveling, boarding, lodging, etc during the selection procedure will have to be borne by the candidate.
- Selected Candidate have to book the Seat by paying Rs. 50000 (Fifty Thousand Only)
- The selection criteria and selection process are at the sole discretion of Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd
- Once Fees Paid is Non-refundable Under any Circumstances.
|Step 1||Apply online at www.vmsshipping.in|
|Step 2||You will receive a link over e- mail for an online examination that can be taken at any location. You will need to have a proper internet connection. The login details as well as other instructions shall be provided in the e-mail. Please make sure you provide us the correct credentials (e-mail and phone number).|
|Step 3||If you clear the test as per the marks mentioned in the online examination section, you shall receive an e-mail invite to appear for personal Interview at Navi Mumbai. The details of the venue will be sent on the e-mail. The interview venue is decided in advance and is at the sole discretion of VMS. Candidate shall not be given a preference to choose a date.|
|Step 4||Those candidates who are selected in the personal interview shall undergo a medical test with the company pannel doctor.|
|Step 5||A selected candidate shall be informed through email, taking into account past academic scores, online examination scores, interview scores as well as medical examination results.|
|Step 6||The candidates who are selected will be asked to pay a seat booking amount to reserve their seat. At our associate dg approved institute, They will also be asked to submit or else send necessary documents.|
|Step 7||After receiving the seat booking amount, the candidates will be issued with a sponsorship letter by VMS Shipping and admission letter by our Associate DG Shipping approved College on the basis of which they can avail education loans.|
About the Online Entrance Test
VARREN MARINES SHIPPING PVT. LTD. online entrance exam will be a 2 hours online exam, syllabus for which is listed in the table below. The cut off marks shall be communicated to you through email at a time of online test along with the online test login credentials. All Questions are MCQ Based.
|1||English||Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Construction.|
|2||Logical Reasoning||Deductive Reasoning, Inductive Reasoning, Abductive Reasoning.|
|3||Personality (AMPI)||Extraversion, Conscientiousness, Emotional Stability, Openness to Experience and Agreeableness.|
|4||Quantitative Ability||Basic Arithmetic, Ratio and Proportion, Simple Interest, Time and Speed, Work and Time, Profit and Loss, etc.|
|5||General Awareness||Current Affairs, History, Economics and Geography.|
|6||Fundamentals of Physics||classical mechanics, Newton’s law of motion, electromagnetism, EM waves, thermodynamics and modern physics.|
|7||Fundamentals of Chemistry||physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry and organic chemistry.|
Career Progression Chart
Note: Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. has not authorized any agency/individual to offer a sea-time opportunity at Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. Anyone dealing with such an agency/ individual will be doing so at their own risk and Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. will not be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered directly or indirectly.