VMS ETO Entrance Exam (2022)
Qualification: The candidate must qualify any one of the following education criteria to qualify:
- Passed three years Diploma with 60% marks or four years Degree including lateral entry with 50 % marks in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication, Communication Engineering or Electronics and Instrumentation or equivalent. The diploma or degree courses must have been recognized by any State or Central Government or the AICTE.
- Passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or equivalent vocational education course and English as a separate subject, with minimum 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th or Diploma or Degree level.
Medical Requirement: Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under STCW 2010 norms and medical rule 2000and all its amendment as applicable to seafarers.
Eyesight: Distance vision (unaided): 6/12 in each eye; or 6/9 in better eye and 6/18 in another eye.
Minimum Height: 157 Cms.
Minimum Weight: 48 kgs.
Age: Not more than 26 years on the date of commencement of course.
- Candidates who have completed or are undergoing the pre-sea training should not apply.
- Students who have cleared their degree final year but are yet to clear any backlog of prior semesters are ineligible to apply.
- Before commencement of course candidate should hold the valid Indian passport.
Important Instructions For ETO Selection – 2022
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo a One Year Pre-sea training course (ETO ) and basic modular courses at our associate college Approved by DG Shipping. Mumbai Govt. of India.
- Any candidate found using unfair means, or having made false representations, will be disqualified immediately.
- The eyesight and medical standards in this career are quite strict.
- If selected for the ETO program, after the interview the candidate will have to undergo a medical test and psychometric test, the cost of which (approximate Rs.6500/-) will have to be paid by the candidate.
- Online test for eligible candidates will be held at a candidate location (Dates of online test and login credentials will be communicated to shortlisted candidates through email). Fees for online test will be approximately Rs.1500/-
- Based on the performance in the online test, if you are shortlisted for interview:
- a) Please bring original mark-sheets of the 10th and the 12th Class (10+2) Board Exams & Degree / Diploma Certificate. Appearing candidates are eligible to apply for the sponsorship test.
- b) All expenses incurred by way of traveling, boarding, lodging, etc during the selection procedure will have to be borne by the candidate.
- The selection criteria and selection process are at the sole discretion of Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
|Step 1||Apply online at www.vmsshipping.in|
|Step 2||You will receive a link over e- mail for an online examination that can be taken at any location. You will need to have a proper internet connection. The login details as well as other instructions shall be provided in the e-mail.Please make sure you provide us the correct credentials (e-mail and phone number). Link shall be Sent by Our Online Test Partner “ASPIRING MINDS”|
|Step 3||If you clear the Test as per the Marks mentioned in the Online Examination Section, you shall receive an e-mail invite to appear for Personal Interview at Navi Mumbai. The details of the venue will be sent on the e-mail. The interview venue is decided in advance and is at the sole discretion of VMS. Candidate shall not be given a preference to choose a date.|
|Step 4||Those candidates who are selected in the personal interview shall undergo a medical test with the company Pannel doctor.|
|Step 5||A Selected CandidateShall be informed through Email, taking into account past academic scores, online examination scores, interview scores as well as medical examination results .|
|Step 6||The candidates who are selected will be asked to pay a Seat booking amount to reserve their seat. At our associate dg approved institute, They will also be asked to submit or else send necessary documents.|
|Step 7||After receiving the Seat booking amount, the candidates will be issued with a sponsorship letter by Vms shipping and Admission letter by our Associate Dg Approved College on the basis of which they can avail Education loans.|
About the Online Entrance Test
VARREN MARINES SHIPPING PVT. LTD. online entrance exam will be a 2 hours online exam, syllabus for which is listed in the table below. The cut off marks shall be communicated to you through email at a time of online test along with the online test login credentials. Our Online Test Partner is “Aspiring Mind”. All Questions are MCQ Based.
All Questions are MCQ Based
|1||English||Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Construction.|
|2||Logical Reasoning||Deductive Reasoning,Inductive Reasoning,Abductive Reasoning.|
|3||Personality (AMPI)||Extraversion, Conscientiousness, Emotional Stability, Openness to Experience and Agreeableness.|
|4||Quantitative Ability||Basic Arithmetic, Ratio and Proportion, Simple Interest, Time and Speed, Work and Time, Profit and Loss, etc.|
|5||General Awareness||Current Affairs, History, Economics and Geography.|
Career Progression Chart
Note: Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. has not authorized any agency/individual to offer a sea-time opportunity at The Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. Anyone dealing with such an agency/ individual will be doing so at their own risk and The Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. will not be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered directly or indirectly.