GME Entrance Exam (2024)
Qualification: BE /B TECH (Mechanical Engineering) or BE / B TECH (Mechanical &Automation Engineering), Naval Architecture with minimum marks of 50% aggregate in degree. Minimum 50% marks in English subject at 10th or 12th or in degree exam conducted by a recognized board or university.
Medical Requirement: Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under STCW 2010 norms and medical rule 2000 and all its amendment as applicable to seafarers.
Eyesight: Distance vision (unaided): 6/12 in each eye; or 6/9 in better eye and 6/18 in another eye. Normal color vision.
Minimum Height: 157 Cms.
Minimum Weight: 48 kgs.
Age: Not more than 28 years on the date of commencement of course.
- Candidates who have completed or are undergoing the pre-sea training should not apply
- Before commencement of course candidate should hold the valid Indian passport.
- Students who are confident of having their provisional degree and mark sheets for all 8 semesters before commencement, of course, can apply on the website.
Important Instructions For GME Selection – 2024
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo a One Year Pre-sea training course (GME) and basic modular courses at our associate college Approved by DG Shipping. Mumbai Govt. of India.
- Any candidate found using unfair means, or having made false representations, will be disqualified immediately.
- The eyesight and medical standards in this career are quite strict.
- If selected for the GME program, after the interview the candidate will have to undergo a psychometric test, the cost of which (approximate Rs.6500/-) will have to be paid by the candidate.
- Online test for eligible candidates will be held at a candidate location (Dates of online test and login credentials will be communicated to shortlisted candidates through email). Fees for online test will be approximately Rs.1500/-
- Based on the performance in the online test, if you are shortlisted for interview:
- a) All expenses incurred by way of traveling, boarding, lodging, etc during the selection procedure will have to be borne by the candidate.
- b) Please bring original mark-sheets of the 10th and the 12th Class (10+2) Board Exams & Degree / Diploma Certificate. Appearing candidate are eligible to apply for the sponsorship test
- The selection criteria and selection process are at the sole discretion of Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
|Step 1||Apply online at www.vmsshipping.in|
|Step 2||You will receive a link over e- mail for an online examination that can be taken at any location. You will need to have a proper internet connection. The login details as well as other instructions shall be provided in the e-mail. Please make sure you provide us the correct credentials (e-mail and phone number). Link shall be sent to you by Email|
|Step 3||If you clear the test as per the marks mentioned in the online examination section, you shall receive an e-mail invite to appear for personal Interview at Navi Mumbai. The details of the venue will be sent on the e-mail. The interview venue is decided in advance and is at the sole discretion of VMS. Candidate shall not be given a preference to choose a date.|
|Step 4||Those candidates who are selected in the personal interview shall undergo a medical test with the company pannel doctor.|
|Step 5||A selected candidate shall be informed through email, taking into account past academic scores, online examination scores, interview scores as well as medical examination results.|
|Step 6||The candidates who are selected will be asked to pay a seat booking amount to reserve their seat. At our associate dg approved institute, They will also be asked to submit or else send necessary documents.|
|Step 7||After receiving the seat booking amount, The candidates will be getting a admission letter by our Associate DG Shipping approved College on the basis of which they can avail education loans.|
About the Online Entrance Test
VARREN MARINES SHIPPING PVT. LTD. online entrance exam will be a 2 hours online exam, syllabus for which is listed in the table below. The cut off marks shall be communicated to you through email at a time of online test along with the online test login credentials. Our Online Test Partner is “Aspiring Mind”. All Questions are MCQ Based.
|1||English||Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Construction.|
|2||Logical Reasoning||Deductive Reasoning, Inductive Reasoning, Abductive Reasoning.|
|3||Personality (AMPI)||Extraversion, Conscientiousness, Emotional Stability, Openness to Experience and Agreeableness.|
|4||Quantitative Ability||Basic Arithmetic, Ratio and Proportion, Simple Interest, Time and Speed, Work and Time, Profit and Loss, etc.|
|5||Mechanical Engineering||Conceptual Knowledge of Fluid and Machine Mechanics, Thermodynamics, IC Engines and Manufacturing Sciences.|
|6||General Awareness||Current Affairs, History, Economics and Geography.|
Career Progression Chart
Note: Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. has not authorized any agency/individual to offer a sea-time opportunity at The Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. Anyone dealing with such an agency/ individual will be doing so at their own risk and The Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. will not be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered directly or indirectly.