GP RATING Entrance Exam (2023)
Qualification: The candidate must qualify any one of the following education criteria to qualify.
- Pass with aggregate 40% marks in 10th Standard from a recognized Board with Science, Mathematics as subjects and with minimum 40% marks in the English language.
- Pass in 2-Year I.T.I. course from Govt. Approved Institute with minimum 50% aggregate marks in final year and minimum 40% marks in English at 10th or Diploma Exam.
Medical Requirement: Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under STCW 2010 norms and medical rule 2000 and all its amendment as applicable to seafarers.
Eyesight: 6/6 Vision with no color blindness. No speech impairment (disorder). Every trainee will have to undergo and produce a Medical Fitness certificate issued by Company DG Shipping approved Doctor.
Minimum Height: 147 Cms.
Minimum Weight: 40 kgs.
Age: 17½ - 25 Years, 27 Years for candidates holding degree or diploma and 30 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category on the date of course commencement.
- Before commencement of course, the selected candidate must hold a valid Indian passport.
- Last Date to fill up the Application form is 30th August 2021
- Online Exam Date As per the Slot - Details Shall be Emailed
- Online Interview As per the Slot - Details Shall be Emailed
- Varren Don't Accept Application of Female Candidate** Kindly don't apply
Important Instructions For GP Rating Selection – 2023
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo 6 months Pre-sea training course (GP Rating) and basic modular courses at our associate college Directorate General Shipping, Mumbai Govt. of India.
- Selected Candidate Shall Go for the Pre-sea Training Only at Commander ali Academy of merchant Navy or Maritime Foundation, Coimbatore Marine Academy (CMC) or else Maritime Foundation the selection of the institute shall be of sole decision of the company on the basis of Performance of the candidate during the Selection Process.
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo a Six Month Pre-sea training course (GP Rating) and basic modular courses Fees would be approx. Rs.2,50,000.
- If selected for the GP Rating program, after the interview the candidate will have to undergo a medical test and psychometric test, the cost of which (approximate Rs.6500/-) will have to be paid by the candidate.
- Online test for eligible candidates will be held at a candidate location (Dates of online test and login credentials will be communicated to shortlisted candidates through email). Fees for online test will be approximately Rs.1500/-
- Based on the performance in the online test, if you are shortlisted for interview:
- a) All expenses incurred by way of traveling, boarding, lodging, etc during the selection procedure will have to be borne by the candidate.
- b) Please bring original mark-sheets of the 10th and the 12th Class (10+2) Board Exams & Degree / Diploma Certificate. Appearing candidate are eligible to apply for the sponsorship test
- The selection criteria and selection process are at the sole discretion of Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
|Step 1||Apply online at www.vmsshipping.in|
|Step 2||You will receive a link over e- mail for an online examination that can be taken at any location. You will need to have a proper internet connection. The login details as well as other instructions shall be provided in the e-mail. Please make sure you provide us the correct credentials (e-mail and phone number). Online Test Link shall be sent to you at your Given Email ID.|
|Step 3||If you clear the test as per the marks mentioned in the online examination section, you shall receive an e-mail invite to appear for personal Interview at Navi Mumbai. The details of the venue will be sent on the e-mail. The interview venue is decided in advance and is at the sole discretion of VMS. Candidate shall not be given a preference to choose a date.|
|Step 4||Those candidates who are selected in the personal interview shall undergo a medical test with the company pannel doctor.|
|Step 5||A selected candidate shall be informed through email, taking into account past academic scores, online examination scores, interview scores as well as medical examination results.|
|Step 6||The candidates who are selected will be asked to pay a seat booking amount to reserve their seat. At our associate dg approved institute, they will also be asked to submit or else send necessary documents.|
|Step 7||After receiving the seat booking amount, the candidates will be issued with a sponsorship letter by VMS Shipping and admission letter by our Associate DG Shipping approved College on the basis of which they can avail education loans.|
About the Online Entrance Test
VARREN MARINES SHIPPING PVT. LTD. online entrance exam will be a 2 hours online exam, syllabus for which is listed in the table below. The cut off marks shall be communicated to you through email at a time of online test along with the online test login credentials. Our Online Test Partner is “Aspiring Mind”. All Questions are MCQ Based.
All Questions are MCQ Based
|1||English||Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Construction.|
|2||Logical Reasoning||Deductive Reasoning,Inductive Reasoning,Abductive Reasoning.|
|3||General Knowledge||Current Affairs, History, Economics and Geography.|
|4||Basic Maths||Fractions, Decimals, Negative, Positive, Odd, Even Numbers, Rational Numbers, etc.|
Career Progression Chart
Note: Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. has not authorized any agency/individual to offer a sea-time opportunity at The Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. Anyone dealing with such an agency/ individual will be doing so at their own risk and The Varren Marines Shipping Pvt. Ltd. will not be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered directly or indirectly.